They have oatmeal in them - they've got to be healthy, right?
One of my go-to cookie recipes, given to me by a friend, this chocolate chip cookie recipe is a favourite in my house. I try to convince myself these cookies are healthy since they have oatmeal in them, but we all know that's a lie. Lie or not, I ate several of these cookies after pulling them out of the oven!
I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
1 cup of margarine
1 cup of brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup boiling water
1 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cups flour
1 1/2 cups oatmeal (quick oats)
1 cup chocolate chips (or more if you are like me and love chocolate chips)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Celsius
2. Cream brown sugar and margarine.
3. Make a well in the mixture and add in salt and baking soda.
4. Pour boiling water over baking soda and salt. Stir mixture until smooth.
5. Add vanilla and mix well.
6. Stir in remaining ingredients. My hubby doesn't have a major sweet tooth so I leave out the chocolate chips at first, make a few without them, and then add the chocolate chips into the batter.
7. Form into one inch balls, and flatten with a fork (or your hand).
8. Bake for 7-10 minutes depending on your oven. You'll know they are done when the outside edge of the cookies becomes golden brown.
9. Place on a cooling rack, and enjoy!
Let me know what you think of them!